The OEM manufacturers spend a lot of time reducing turbo noise at the expense of horsepower. By letting the turbo ingest all the cold air it needs, the Alpha Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Performance Air Filter & CNC Aluminum Adapter boosts power significantly. In addition, it allows you to hear the turbo spool up which is something you as an enthusiast can appreciate.
Simple Upgrade, BIG Power Increase
Our engineering team immediately noticed a considerable level of restriction in the stock intake system and solved the problem by designing a smooth transition to a much larger filter. By upgrading the size of your 2.6" factory inlet filter to a robust 4" design, we drastically reduced the high pressure drop - a sure indicator that your stock intake filter is choking your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine. By simply installing this air intake upgrade on its own, you'll be rewarded with a 20+HP increase!
Cool Air For Your Hungry Turbocharged Engine
Often, aftermarket intake systems feature an open filter element which actually reduces horsepower by drawing hot air from within the engine bay. This may net you some power on the dyno while the hood is open and cooler air is available, but decreases performance when the hood is shut. By retaining the sealed stock air box and inlet design, cool air is still drawn from outside the engine bay - keeping your intake air temperatures cooler. For even greater air flow efficiency and Alpha styling, choose our complete intake system.
Easy, Non-Invasive Installation
The Alpha Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Performance Air Filter & CNC Aluminum Adapter requires no cutting or permanent modifications to your car. It simply bolts into the sealed factory air box in 15 minutes or less.
Built To Last The Life Of Your Car
CNC'd billet aluminum construction and an anodized coating ensure this piece will look and perform great for years to come. The smooth and strong mounting surface for the air filter ensures a tight seal. Couple that with a purpose built, synthetic high-flow dry media filter means you won't have to buy those cheap factory paper filters down the road. Simply remove and blow off the filter with compressed air periodically or wash out and let it dry. No messy oils or special chemicals needed.Optional Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Duct & Air Box Lid
For added performance and aesthetic appeal you can choose to add our Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Duct and Air Box Lid. In an effort of cost savings your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine comes equipped with a plastic air duct which is corrugated on the inside disrupting flow. To make matters worse it also features a big support "pillar" in the middle of the airflow path to keep the flimsy plastic from collapsing which hinders power output. With the Alpha Carbon Fiber Air Intake Duct we eliminated these restrictions supplying your hungry engine with all the cool air it needs!
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha Performance Intake System today!
- 20+HP increase in just 15 minutes
- Uses factory ducting for cooler air charge and maximum power
- Reduces turbo lag
- Smooth transition for best airflow
- High-flow, low maintenance dry media filter (no filter oil required)
- No computer tuning needed
- The filters use specially designed media that allows performance and efficiency to be restored to near new each time by simply using compressed air (30-40 psi) from the inside out, making frequent washing unnecessary in order to restore filter performance. For a deep cleaning from extreme enviroments, a biodegradable cleaner such as Simple Green or other mild shop degreasers can be used. Simply place the filter in a solution or spray the cleaner on the filter. Allow the solution to loosen the particulate and then rinse thoroughly. Shake the filter or use compressed air from the inside outward to remove residual water and allow a full day or two to dry.
- W176 2013+ Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- Additional Information